Value transfer: taking your pension with you
If you are considering taking pension you have accrued with former employer(s) to the IFF pension fund, or taking the pension you have accrued with IFF to your new employer. Arrange the transfer online via www.mijnwaardeoverdracht.nl or follow the check list to help you choose whether to effect a value transfer or not.
Value transfer check list
For instance, compare:
- the pension schemes of the two funds > use the pension comparison tool
- the financial position of the two funds > compare the funding ratios
- consider the arrangements for indexation, and whether the funds have allocated indexation in recent years > check the financial situation
- what options do the two funds offer? > for example, can you take your pension earlier?
- what are the arrangements for your partner and children in the two schemes? > is there partner’s pension?
- If you prefer to have your pension paid by a single pension provider, this may be a reason to opt for a value transfer*. You can also have pension accrued with former employers transferred.
*Please note: Pension funds may only cooperate with a value transfer if their policy funding ratio is more than 100%.
Value transfer of small pensions
Your pension fund has chosen to cooperate with automatic value transfers of small pensions. This means that a small pension will automatically move with you to your new pension provider if you change your job. Pension claims of less than € 2 gross per year will lapse.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who do I ask to effect a value transfer?
Arrange the transfer online via www.mijnwaardeoverdracht.nl or let your new pension fund know that you want to take your pension with you.